„Unfortunately, planes were shot at by friendly warships, over which they were flying. Maintaining formation and whatever kind of coordination was out of question. In result, within the area of bridge landed only 12 officers and 283 soldiers – that is 16% of originally planned force! Even with such a small force, bridge was taken.”
Warning: Last items in stock!
Author: Adam Niechwiej
Year of publication: 2014
“Primosole Bridge” is a wargame that uses the Great Battles of Small Units ruleset. Battle was divided into two scenarios. In first, British paratroopers have to defend the bridge from the counterattacking German units. At the very beginning, staying true to problems that landing Allied units faced, players have to resolve what forces are available to Allied side. In game there are units, that historically didn`t reach the battlefield. It is possible therefore to examine the possible outcome if air drop would have been more successful.
In the second scenario the British are a stronger side. Yet it doesn`t mean easy victory for them. First, they have not only to occupy the bridge but also the road leading to Catania. Germans occupy favorable terrain and their defense line is well prepared. Germans can also attempt to destroy the bridge and stop the attackers.
Complete game consists of:
- a board of size 297x420 mm;
- 108 die-cut counters;
- rules booklet in color (8 pages);
- 1 scenario card;
- 1 player aid card.
IMPORTANT: Game doesn`t include a deck of cards, which players have to supply themselves.
Game length: 2 to 3 hours.
Game is suitable for 2 players above 12 years old.
Great Battles of Small Units
Author: Adam Niechwiej
The system is representing military actions of small units, like a regiment or a brigade. Very frequently such actions in which relatively small units fought on both sides were important because of operational or moral context. Thanks to versatile rules it is possible to depict any military action from XX century.
Main features of the system are:
1. To resolve all of the procedures, players use traditional deck of 52 cards. Thanks to that, cards played at the beginning of the game, influence the final result, as the probability curve is quite different compared to die rolls.
2. During turn, only units of one side can be activated and the initiative is alotted to a player randomly. Chance of having the initiative changes with each turn. It encourages prudence in players and forces them to plan their moves as effectively as only possible because it may be as well that during next turn there won`t be any chance to correct potential mistakes.
3. Random events are involved into a gameplay (like snipers, change of orders etc.) and they can turn the table on players, at the same time bringing the chaotic reality of a battlefield to life.
4. Small modifications to the basic rules allow for depiction of single vehicles and guns that served as a support to combatants.
Thanks to the simplicity of procedures, games that belong to that system are very well suited for players just beginning their adventure with boardgames. Experienced players should find also something to their liking, as they have to decide not only what to do but also how to do it.
No customer reviews for the moment.